1. When did you join the Segmed team and what were you doing prior to joining?
I joined Segmed the last day of February, 2022. Previously, I spun up the product management department at another YC startup!
2. What is your favorite part about working at Segmed?
Science was my worst subject at school, so being a doctor was not in the cards for me. I love that I’m getting to use my skill set to help improve people’s health by enabling devs to build better products. The people at Segmed are also genuinely very nice and very smart - which is a hard combo to find these days - so it’s great when you find it!
3. How is it to work on a completely remote team?
I live north of San Francisco, so it’s very nice not having to commute every day into the city. I do miss the camaraderie of being in an office, but for me the pros of remote work definitely outweigh the cons.
4. Are you messy or organized?
I tend to be pretty organized!
5. What is a fun fact about you no one knows?
I love playing backgammon. It’s a great two person game, and easy to bring on holiday, have at your house, or even bring to a cafe.
6. What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
I have a dog - Steve. I’m not sure how he manages to take up so much of my time, but he does. I also enjoy getting a workout in, cooking, checking out new restaurants, attempting to golf, and hanging out with good friends. I used to code, so I also enjoy tackling the occasional technical side project.