1. When did you join the Segmed team and what were you doing prior to joining?
I joined the team part time in early 2020 and then started full-time June 2020. Prior to Segmed I was working as an Executive Assistant in the Bay Area for someone who operated 3 businesses.
2. What is your favorite part about working at Segmed?
The team! Everyone brings so much to the table and I love the culture and community that we’ve built. Another piece that I enjoy is the transparency from the top down and how everyone’s listened to when it comes to big picture brainstorms and decision making.
3. How is it to work on a completely remote team?
I personally thrive in a remote environment. On the company side there’s been a lot of thought put into how we will create a positive work environment and build relationships as a remote team. I appreciate the weekly team building meetings like Lunch and Learns, games, and cooking challenges. Our team members who are clustered in specific areas are also encouraged to meet for working sessions or to grab a bite to eat!
4. Are you messy or organized?
Organized! There’s always so much going on in a start-up environment and my role is a bit nuanced so I do my best to stay on top of my to-dos.
5. What is a fun fact about you no one knows?
I grew up dancing flamenco and did it for most of my life.
6. What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
Traveling and spending time outside with my corgi, Olaf :)