1. When did you join the Segmed team and what were you doing prior to joining?
I’m one of the Segmed founders and have been with the company since day 1. Before I was a senior software engineer at a startup called Twin Prime. We were acquired by Salesforce, so for several months before starting Segmed I was enjoying the beautiful Salesforce office in Downtown San Francisco!
2. What is your favorite part about working at Segmed?
Our team, and the company vision. Solving the healthcare data access problem is motivating me, because I know such data can help millions of people. I’m excited to hear about how our customers leverage our technology and data to build new clinical algorithms.
3. How is it to work on a completely remote team?
It’s very nice. It gives us a great opportunity to work with a very diverse team from all over the world, and find great talent outside of Silicon Valley. It takes time to nail down the process required to make it work, but once done, it feels great to be able to work from anywhere.
4. Are you messy or organized?
I’m fairly organized - I know what needs to be done, and I have a todo list that I follow. I get a lot of interruptions with meetings, Slack messages and emails, but I try very hard to just go through the list for a day.
5. What is a fun fact about you no one knows?
I like old black/white movies :)
6. What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
I love drums and music. I often visit DrummerWorld.com to relax and see world’s top drummers.