1. When did you join the Segmed team and what were you doing prior to joining?
I started working at Segmed as an intern in summer 2021, but made the transition to full-time in June 2022. Prior to joining I was finishing up my degree in biomedical engineering at the University of Waterloo.
2. How did you first learn about Segmed?
I came across Segmed on LinkedIn when I was looking for product roles at the intersection of healthcare and technology. Looking through the company’s website and values helped me realize that this was a place I’d like working at, so I decided to apply - and here we are.
3. What is your role at Segmed? And what do your daily responsibilities look like?
I’m part of the product team here at Segmed. My daily responsibilities can change based on priorities, but on a larger scale my projects involve conducting user research & user interviews, or scoping out potential features and developing requirements for them.
4. Where is your favorite place to travel and why?
I recently came back from a trip to Madeira, which is a small volcanic island about a 2 hr flight from Lisbon, Portugal. I liked being able to stay active and hike, but also got the chance to kick back and relax.
5. When you were younger what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a firefighter but that dream fizzled out fairly quickly.
6. What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
I like trying and learning new things even if I’m not good at it (pottery & photography fit this bill). If I’m sticking to my comfort zone, I like baking and playing volleyball & basketball.