1. When did you join the Segmed team and what were you doing prior to joining?
I joined the team in late 2020. I had just graduated from University of Waterloo with a bachelors in Mechatronics Engineering.
2. What is your favorite part about working at Segmed?
I think the diversity at Segmed is great. By hiring internationally, there are people from all kind of backgrounds and domains of knowledge, and I learn a lot hearing from different perspectives.
3. How is it to work on a completely remote team?
I like the flexible aspect that comes with working remotely. I’m able to plan out my days better and make it more suitable for me. By being able to experiment with different working styles, I can learn and tweak things to work more effectively and sustainably. With the absence of the office, I find that it is harder to connect and get to know your team, especially outside the circle that I work with.
4. Are you messy or organized?
I would say I am primarily a messy person, and thrive in a somewhat chaotic environment.
5. What is a fun fact about you no one knows?
Some days I drink more carbonated water and coke zero than regular water.
6. What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
Recently, I’ve been into video games, rock climbing, and photography.