1. When did you join the Segmed team and what were you doing prior to joining?
I joined 2/14 and prior to Segmed, I was working on my own Startup. Startups are tough and frequently they fail. My hats off to the founders at Segmed and for what they’ve been able to accomplish.
2. Can you give us insight into what your day to day looks like as a software engineer?
I normally do not wear a Software Engineer hat, but the day I'm filling this out is Hackathon Day. I’ve been getting my hands dirty in the code. Normally my day is split between meetings around projects, IC tasks, and sprint rituals.
3. What have been some of your favorite projects to work on?
There is a large data request project I have been involved in. It’s shown me the whole cycle, from getting data from data partners to the delivery of data. And while not a calm project, it is always nice to see a lot of hard work go live and delivering value to customers. However, I think the best part is seeing everyone collaborating towards one goal.
4. Where have you lived? What has been your favorite place and why?
After college I moved to LA and enjoyed it. Most of the places I worked were on the beach and a short bike ride home. It was a very relaxed lifestyle. I also love movies and there is no shortage of movies or film buffs in LA.
5. Do you have any book recommendations?
Yes, We don’t Eat our Classmates and We will Rock our Classmates. Those are 2 of my son's favorites.
6. What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
Usually I’m on Daddy duty. There really isn’t much free time.